Resource Management (RMA)
DLA Phillips Fox has one of the strongest resource management, planning and environment teams in the country.
New Zealand’s Resource Management Act (RMA), environmental legislation and regulation, and planning considerations are key components in any development. We are expert at navigating clients through the challenging, changing waters of environment law, planning law and regulation.
We have vast experience in commercial, residential, industrial and retail projects. Many of the consenting and planning issues that have related to these developments have been public and contentious. DLA Phillips Fox has a practical understanding and depth of legal knowledge of the issues our clients face. We have excellent, specialised industry and business knowledge in sectors where environmental challenges arise.
DLA Phillips Fox is expert in managing relationships on behalf of clients with regulators and stakeholders.
The firm also regularly acts for local government in major public works, all of which require attention to environmental and planning regulation. DLA Phillips Fox’s team is a leading adviser assisting local governments throughout the country with resource consent and RMA issues.
- Private plan changes; rezoning; public plan changes
- Urban planning; town planning
- District and regional plans
- Resource consents and consent approvals
- Stakeholder consultations
- Applications under the RMA, appeals, dispute resolution; designations
- Consent breaches, enforcement, prosecutions; and monitoring of consents
- Site acquisition and environmental due diligence
- Heritage and Maori; and Treaty of Waitangi issues; iwi
- Compulsory acquisitions, valuations, compensation