DLA Phillips Fox has an exceptional, dedicated team of employment lawyers, well known and highly experienced in the full range of employment relations and labour law.
We are a trusted adviser to some of New Zealand’s largest employers, and some of the world’s largest multi-nationals present in this country. DLA Phillips Fox works nationally on New Zealand employment law issues for its wide range of blue chip clients and often on multi-jurisdictional issues.
The team is called upon in contentious and non-contentious matters and has a substantial track record in both. It delivers practical, cost effective, commercially savvy advice, valued by clients for its depth of business and sector knowledge as well as its legal rigour.
Managing Employees in the Workplace
We work closely and in alignment with our clients, effectively as an adjunct to their in-house human resources team, and for their boards, for international corporates in New Zealand and for senior management.
DLA Phillips Fox is in day to day contact with a wide range of national and international clients, providing strategic advice on every aspect of human resources management and on the Employment Relations Act.
We are also highly experienced at complex employment litigation. The team is proficient at mediation, and appears in employment related litigation before the Employment Relations Authority, Employment Court and all higher courts. We are skilled at the appropriate resolution of employment issues.
DLA Phillips Fox also has particular specialisation in employee compensation, employee benefits and remuneration. We help clients structure incentive and benefit schemes. We have in-depth knowledge of KiwiSaver and superannuation and their deployment in the workplace.
DLA Phillips Fox also advises senior executives privately on issues such as: personal employment agreements, remuneration and benefits, severance, corporate governance, personal grievances, and employee share scheme issues.
- Disciplinary and performance management processes
- Coaching out and agreed exits
- Unjustified dismissal claims
- Urgent investigations, obtaining High Court orders including freezing orders
- Holidays Act issues, holiday pay; bereavement leave; sick leave; parental leave
- Representation before Employment Relations Authority, the Employment Court and employment related tribunals
- Bonus and incentive systems
- KiwiSaver and superannuation
- Personal grievances
- Collective and individual employment agreements (including fixed term and part-time arrangements)
- Workplace training and policy development
- Restraint of trade
- Outsourcing; offshoring; shared services arrangements
- Employee compensation, benefits and remuneration
- Employee share schemes
- Legislative changes
- Parliamentary Select Committee representation